Should you meet?
- Invite as few people as possible. Postpone if the right people aren’t available.
- Pick the real duration. Don’t round a 45 minute meeting up to an hour.
- Always set the timezone. People are everywhere.
- Start on time. The stragglers will learn or not. You have stuff to do.
- End 5 minutes before the hour. Give people time to drink/piss before their next meeting.
Send useful invites
Don’t send the garbage-filled invite from your conferencing tool. Here’s the perfect invite:
Short agenda for the meeting. - List of requirements. - Bring bananas. http://screen-share-thing.com/12345 111-222-3333,,444-555#
Use your email/calendar app to send the invite, so the recipients can accurately add to their calendar.
Save phone credentials as a contact
Smartphones will dial this automatically:
,to pause for 3-seconds.
;to wait for tap to continue.
#to submit the code.
Cancel meetings with no agenda. It feels good.