CSS Tricks — Props and PropTypes in React
props are data passed between components — more specifically, from parent to child component.
- Example: passing functions as props.
- PropTypes ensure that the right type of props is passed to a component — and, conversely, that the receiving component is receiving the right type of props.
Aditya Agarwal — Understanding React render props and HOC
- Render props allow a data-fetching component to call various rendering components, so they’re more reusable.
- HOC (higher order components) define a data-fetching component within a function, so a rendering component is passed as an argument of the function call.
- Similar outcomes. Now “hooks” can do this in React.
CSS Tricks — Render Props in React
- Example: a Component using a render prop
- Example: fetching data with a render prop